Monday, March 3, 2014

Moving Again? Unexpected? Plan. Tips.


So I love packing but moving in 2013 threw many unusual things at me. I moved three times in one year. I completed a 6 month lease at a studio apartment and thought I'd continue paying month to month without renewing my lease. This was going to tact on $80 dollars more to my rent. I'd just started a new contract in Irving when my lease was about to expire. I paid the lease off and later discovered my place was leased from underneath me. So I moved plus paid a reletting fee of $375 even though I didn't owe anything else on the lease. Policy changed when it was time to move lol!

It cost nearly $2000 dollars to move to a new place because of short notice. The apartments I moved to I later found out were running into legal issues with the city as well as taking tenant information and using it to sign up for electricity under different unit numbers without the tenants permission. Most of the leasing managers involved quit once Electric service providers exposed them. Pure craziness. It's good to know if people still practice honesty and integrity while running a business, especially if they have access to your information.

Now Im the biggest conspiracy theorist there is so I took note of sudden corporate changes that were effective Fall of 2013, many policy changes effected the way we receive bills, share information, consent to sharing personal data and so on. Secret inside operations are talked about all over the internet about corporations targeting specific groups of people. Just be mindful of what you owe , who you owe and sudden changes in how you have to pay and amount increases. The maddness is that no one likes change especially in Texas people get penalized through higher fees and surcharges that it's ridiculous.

If you decide to move against your will notify your post office and electricity company first to move your service and mail. Change your new location information with your employer, because the change of address process takes a while with the post office. Find a new lease in your price range through apartment and condo finders online, most times they'll pay you for using their site to help you relocate. Rent a storage near the area you desire to live in case your transition isn't as fast or time won't permit you to find what you're looking for. This way when you do decide to move your things will be near your relocation area.

If you are packing and you have a lot to pack. Pack a room at a time. Buy large storage containers to store multiple items and boxes for the rest, don't forget to label the boxes for unpacking purposes. Move all the boxes and everything you're moving to one room. This way your movers can get your move done fast. Donate what you don't want anymore to Salvation Army or GoodWill instead of throwing the items away.

Everyday someone is passing through something you already went through. Share how you got through it to make their transition easier.

Continued Blessings.
Cecilia
www.thinkcecilia.com

No comments:

Post a Comment