Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Friends Who Dont Pay You Back....



So one thing I have realized is that people who do honest business respect your business and those who lie, scheme and or involved in trickery to escape payment are like wolves in sheep clothing. They are the ones who come to you with this long excuse about paying you later but want your services in the meantime (They also have the nerve to be picky about your services too) #DontDoThat #BeggarsCantBeChoosy

Here is the deal. I find it odd that people get real work from a real professionals, avoid payment and use an immature excuse like, "I thought it was a favor." Really? That's like going to Kinkos and saying "Oh, I forgot my wallet and trying to leave the store thinking they gave you copies and services for free"  (HASHTAG) #NoSir

Dear freelancer, small business owner,
Whatever service you render please avoid people who think everything is free because they know you and will say things like, "I don't have money right now or I'll pay you when I get paid" This person is usually all over social media bragging about how much they have and dodging paying you. "Oh, I'm working on a contract or I'm hoping they'll pay me so I can pay you" PLEASE! No one can survive off of love alone and when you confront them about payment and they start in with that "FAVOR" business just ask them if their business is running off of FAVORS. I truly doubt it! 

If people respect you and your business (matters if you have a marquee outside your door or not) please tell your friends and love ones they have to pay or NO if its not a guarantee that they'll pay you. Doing work in good faith for people you know is risky because it doesn't mean they'll do their part when the time comes. It'll be better that users like this will just openly say they have no intentions of paying you. 
This way the duty dodging and excuses can be avoided.

Cecilia

               
                                

If they don't respect your business they don't respect you.
-A.E.O




No comments:

Post a Comment